July 4, 2010

Consumption.

Noticed, how things are always measured, sized and scaled?
Small coffee, extra cream and two-sugar. Can I order a number-seven, please? Do I want large fries with that?
Familiepacks of cereal, of batteries; value packs full of underwear, of napkins, even of condoms. Super sturdy plastic stir sticks with sipping-hole to stir, you know, the small coffee with two units of sugar. Ten percent extra of life-enhancing this and that in every box for a limited time; placebos, nobody needs. Kingsize cigarettes cause kingsize cancer. Promised royalty of self-abuse.
Nothing is save. There is a little box for all of us. I'll have one life-ending disease with an eternal-damnation on the side; and a diet coke. Oh and make it to go.
"Small, medium or large?"
I'm an XXL consumer. Oversize my decision. Undermine my choice. Walk tall, take the high road; hit rock bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment